For Immediate Release:
- AMEK 9098i in Stonehenge AMEK 9098i analogue control room: *New MCA recording artist, Pryme, mixed their new release with engineer Blake Eiseman, assisted by Ari.
- Zomba Recording artist, Virtue, mixed two track with engineer/producer Alvin Speights, assisted by Ari.
- Producer Kenny Fame Flame Williams tracking with hot new rap artist, Ty Chi, for Big Head Productions. Jim Z and Blake Eiseman shared engineering duties, assisted by Ari.
- Inde Rock band, Muuda, tracking for new release with
Brian Holmes producing. Jim Z engineered, assisted by Ari.
- Atlanta Blues Guitar legend, Barry Richman, dropped in
to cut tracks for a yet unscheduled release, Jim Z engineered, assisted
- Country-Punk favorites, The Ditch Diggers were in mixing
their next effort with engineer/producer, John Neilson, assisted by Ari.
In ZAC Digital ProTools Rooms
- Indigo Girl, Amy Ray, was in ZAC A to pre-pro some live tapes for upcoming solo release for Daemon Records.
- Producer, Tim Thomas, working up tracks in ZAC Digital A for upcoming release for R&B artist, Doni. ProTools system engineered by Ari, assisted by Crispy.
- Stronghold Production artist, Marc and Collier, completed their debut release for Media Murray in both ZAC Digital A and B. Engineer, T. Cash, tracked and mixed the sessions, assisted by Crispy.
- Platinum World Records artist, Suicydal, mixed two singles
in ZAC Digital B. Produced by Rennard and mixed by Chris Griffin, assisted
Atlantas ZAC in Phase II
ProTools Mix Room Opens
Atlanta, GA 2/1/2001 - Atlantas newest recording
community, ZAC [Zumpano Audio Complex] opened its second ProTools suite
last month. Known as ZAC Digital, this mix room centers around the 16 channel
ProControl MixPlus system and features recording spaces and DynAudio mains.
Owner, Jim Zumpano has been delighted with the response of engineers and
artists breaking in the room. This is only Phase II and construction
continues but, already, people are feeling comfortable! Theyre really
diggin the design and performance. Zumpano passes much of the
accolades to Atlanta studio designer, Jean-Michel Eber of Eber Designs,
stating Without JME, great equipment in a room means nothing,
you need look, feel and sound.
ZAC and Eber are speeding into Phase III this month and will
install a 64channel AMEK 9098i console, designed by Rupert Neve. This desk
will be the analog showcase for the southeast, complimented with Studer
A827 tape machines and Augspurger main monitors.
ZAC Digital Sessions included:
- Rusty Cobb producing and mixing indi artist, Cloud 10. Blue and Crispy
- Glenn Matullo producing and Alex Lowe mixing upcoming sophomore release
for indi artist, Jennifer Daniels.
- Hot R&B group, 112 has been using both ZAC Digital A and B suites
assembling show tapes that will support their upcoming US tour and new
release on Arista. Engineering support by local PT gurus, James Majors
and Glenn Matullo. Assisted by Blue and Ari.
- Artist, David Hollister was in adding vocals to RCA recording artist,
Coko new single. James Majors engineered, assisted by Blue.
- Rough Rider artist, Parlay stopped by for a quick PT edit session
with The Unit producing. Engineered by T. Cash, assisted by Blue and
- Internationally acclaimed Bandoneon instrumentalist, Mario Peralta
was in ZAC A recording basic tracks for his next release with engineer,
- Calzada was back in ZAC A tracking and doing vocal overdubs with Arista
recording artist, Sam Salter. Sean Hall and Nate producing.
Atlanta, GA 10/20/00 - Atlanta recording industry veteran Jim Zumpano (former studio manager, Tree Sound Studios and LaFaces Studio Lacoco) has confirmed the opening of phase I of a new audio facility, ZAC [Zumpano Audio Complex]. The complex, designed by Zumpano and Jean-Michel Eber of Eber Designs, will be the home of ZAC Digital, offering two new ProTools suites, Southern Living At Its Finest new mastering suite and Stonehenge Recording, an analog room featuring the first AMEK 9098i console designed by Mr. Rupert Neve in the southeast. ZAC Digital and Stonehenge join forces with existing neighbors; Zumpano's Eclipse Audio rental company and Ricky Keller's, Southern Living At Its Finest recording studio.
Phase I launches ZAC Digital B, a new ProTools edit/production suite and a suite to house Keller's, Southern Living Mastering, along with lounge and kitchen amenities. Both rooms offer ProTools 5.01 with a host of popular plug-ins. ZAC Digital will cater to editing, mixing and MIDI production sessions, while Southern Living Mastering will continue mastering and assembling projects under the direction of chief engineer, Alex Lowe.
Coming soon in Phase II, ZAC Digital will install a second, larger ProTools environment, complete with 16 channel ProController and two acoustically tailored recording spaces for tracking a full band. Phase III, will entail bringing the AMEK analog room on line and is slated for a December 2000 opening.
ZAC is the first Atlanta facility to offer a complete neighborhood of audio services. The multi-room complex hosts two unique analog studios, three ProTools digital suites and an equipment rental house, nestled on a quaint wooded lot in Upper Mid-Town. ZAC offers the finest in analogue and digital formats with five different studios to handle any audio project and budget.
- Stonehenge Recording - the first AMEK 9098i 64-ch. console designed by Mr. Rupert Neve in the southeast
- ZAC Digital A - ProTools MixPlus24 Tracking / Mix Suite
- ZAC Digital B - ProTools MixPlus24 Edit / Mix and MIDI production Suite
- Southern Living At Its Finest - Track, Mix and Midi production
- Southern Living At Its Finest - ProTools MixPlus24 Mastering / Editing
- Eclipse Audio - Pro Audio Equipment Rental / MDMs / Outboard / Mics etc...
For further information contact : ZAC via Jim Zumpano @ (404) 603-8040.
Visit these links to our studios: Stonehenge Recording, ZAC Digital Recording, Southern Living At It's Finest, Eclipse Audio Equipment Rental.
Copyright ©2000 ZAC, LLC